- Clear width of corridors should be over 1200mm
- Running slope is 4% maximum and cross slope 2% maximum.
- Outward opening doors in frequently used corridors should be recessed.
- Any corridors that are below 1800mm width must provide passing places at least every 30m
- Passing places must be 1800mm x 1800mm
- Turning areas should be provided at junctions to enable people to change direction and return along route.
- Size of passing place: 1800mm x 1800mm minimum
- Interval between passing places: 30m minimum
- Diameter of turning circle: 1800mm minimum