- Doors should be fitted with re-opening activators. Sensors should be set at two levels to ensure it detects lower items within doorway.
- Controls, landing sill, and floor should be illuminated by a minimum of 200 lux
- A mirror should be inside elevators on the wall opposite to the door. It should cover the entire back panel from the handrail to ceiling.
- At least two handrails should be provided
- Materials and lighting should be carefully considered to not cause glare, unnecessary reflection and confusing shadows.
- Control panels should be located (horizontally or vertically) on the side wall of the lift car at a height of between
- Visual displays and audible announcements should be provided to indicate the floor level reached.